The US has decided to ban large electronic items in cabin baggage of all flights originating from the Middle East countries, and this has drawn sharp reactions from the airlines as well as passengers..
Here’s a list of what passengers cannot carry with them when they board a flight:
1. Large-screen devices – 16 cm x 9.3 cm
It’s important to note that passengers can still carry these items in checked-in luggage.
Apart from the list above, here are some other items passengers are restricted from carrying on board an aircraft, as mentioned on the Emirates website:
1. All liquids, gels and aerosols, pastes, lotions, creams, drinks and other items of similar consistency must be in containers with a capacity no greater than 100ml.
2. Sports equipment and musical instruments
3. Personal motorised vehicles like hoverboards, mini-Segways and smart or self-balancing wheels
4. Real or toy weapons
5. Arms and ammunition
6. Explosives or anything containing explosives (for example, fireworks or fire crackers)
7. Knives of any kind, type, shape or size
8. Metal cutlery
9. Razor blades and straight razor blades
11. Knitting needles